This is a ‘thinking out loud’ post…
My son is going to Nepal soon. He will be away for at least 6 months. I am skint. My room is the converted loft room of an old Victorian house with a small ensuite bathroom, two sets of double doors overlooking the garden ( and suburbia) and a good amount of storage space. Its at the top of the house and has a lockable door.
Son #1 who will be away has the largest room on the first floor ( the original master bedroom) and shares a bathroom with his brothers.
I COULD move into son 1’s room for the duration of his trip – a pretty big moving exercise- but I could, and rent my room out. For about £650 / pcm for one person or perhaps £725 for a couple. for 6 months.
I had found a ‘perfect’ couple … he was a little older than me, she a little younger. They seemed quiet mature professional and sensible… all good. we met twice, agreed the ground rule, and yesterday they pulled out. Dont know why.
Am torn between irritation , frustration, relief and indecision.
- money coming in
- potentially another adult in the house – not for ‘baby sitting’ but incase of fire etc
- one might be able to come to an arrangement whereby lower rent = help with dog walking /
- having someone in my house
- leaving my sanctuary room
- exposing the kids to another person in their home
- more mess / other peoples habits / loads of things that I havent thought about
Its not THAT much money. Im tempted to scrap the whole idea ? …
what would you do ?